Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Day of School

Hyrum all ready for his first day of 3rd grade.Junie so excited for her first day of Kindergarten
This is as close as they would get to putting their arms around each other. I think June was willing but Hyrum thinks he is to cool.
Hyrum rides his bike to school, but Junie takes a bus. She was a little nervous but loved riding the big yellow bus to school.
School started here on August 25th so I am busy busy getting everyone where they need to go and trying to get them there on time. Hyrum is in one school and June in Kindergarten in another. They have the elementary schools divided here with K & 1st in one school and 2nd - 5th in another. June rides the bus and Hyrum has a car pool. Brig has preschool 3 days a week. Kind of crazy, but that means that once I get them all there I have 3 days a week when I have 2 hours of the day with just me and Alvin! I am hoping to get him to nap at that time so I can have some alone time. we'll see how that plan goes but I'm hoping.

All in all the kids are loving school and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to enjoy it. Junes teacher is fresh out of school and looks so young. When we went to Back to School night and meet her for the first time I felt really old. On the way home I asked June "so what to you think of your new teacher, you think you'll like her?" Her reply was "Oh yeah she's hot! She'll be great." Apparently being young and hot is all you need to be a sucsessful Kindergarten teacher. I do really like both of their teachers so I have high hopes for a great year.

No comments: