Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Any Suggestions?

" Yum mom this is so good"


We have recently tried to start Alvin on solid foods and it is going miserably. We started out with the traditional rice cereal which he rocket vomited every time we gave it to him. He can't even tolerate it when we put a few shakes of it in his bottle. He'll drink it down and then within a couple of hours the vomiting starts. We tried oatmeal next and although he didn't vomit I could hardly get him to even taste it. So I moved on to the fruits and veggies. Every new thing we try I feel like I am force feeding him. This is him eating peaches which is the only thing so far that we have gotten him to open his mouth for, but he still doesn't like it much. The pediatrician said he thinks maybe he is just slow catching on to the whole chew and swallow thing but he acts like he is starving all the time. What can I do? Let me know if you know any tricks.




2 comments:

RP said...

Maybe it's a texture thing? Do you think he might prefer something with a little more texture? Does he eat cheerios yet?

Good luck!

Lori said...

sorry, I don't know any tricks for that. . .I can't believe Alvin is so big. Good luck!